This is my go-to base recipe for any homemade pasta! It’s super simple: eggs, flour, salt and olive oil! I use it for making lasagna sheets, stuffed pastas like ravioli or tortellini, or strands of pasta like fettucini or linguini!
Watch my video below if you want to see the process!
2 egg yolks
1 Tbsp of olive oil
3- 3 1/2 cups of flour (depending on how big your eggs are/how wet the dough is)
1) Put the flour in a bowl. Make a well and add eggs and yolks, olive oil and salt.
2) Bring together into a ball of dough. Knead until smooth, around 5-10 minutes.
3) Wrap in clingfilm and let rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
4) Remove from fridge and portion into smaller, equal pieces on a floured surface. Flatten and add more flour before putting into the pasta rolling machine. Start on the widest setting and go down to your desired thickness. For most pastas I go to the lowest/thinnest setting possible because I like the delicate texture.
5) Cut or shape your pasta into whatever you will be using it for. Cook in salted boiling water until the fresh pasta floats (1-3 minutes), maybe more if thicker and stuffed.
6) Add sauce of your choice and enjoy!
The Simmering Pot